Please note: the application deadline has passed for this position, and we are no longer accepting applications at this time.
Reporting to the Forestry Manager, the Forestry Technician participates in a variety of technical and operational duties to support the planning, engineering and reforestation activities of the managed forest lands for MBFLP. This position can require physically demanding field work (several days per week) with the potential for adverse weather conditions. The job can also require that you work alone in semi-isolated areas.
- Timber harvesting cut-block development, layout and survey using GPS and GIS technologies
- Develop resource assessments required and participate or complete where capable
- Forest road layout and design,
- Silviculture planning and assessments, including surveys
- Harvest operations and contractor monitoring and reporting
- Private forest lands access management and Security
- Must be willing and able to withstand the rigors of fieldwork.
- Must be willing to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Must possess at minimum a valid Class 5 B.C. Driver’s License that does not limit or restrict the ability to conduct the duties of the job
- Graduation with a diploma or a degree in resource or forestry management.
- Registered with the Association of British Columbia Forest Professionals (ABCFP) as a Registered Forest Technologist(RFT) or Registered Professional Forester(RPF) AND a minimum of two years of experience in operational field forestry activities, OR Enrolled, or eligible for immediate enrollment, with the ABCFP as a forest professional in training, for the purpose of obtaining an RFT or RPF designation AND a minimum of four years of experience in operational field forestry activities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with use of computers and Microsoft Office, forestry software including RoadEng, Arc GIS
- Proficient with GPS data capturing and laser range finder technology an asset
- Timber cruising and/or log scaling an asset
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Motivated, reliable, and hard-working
Mt. Benson Forestry LP offers a competitive compensation package based on experience.
Please submit your current resume and cover letter to:
Mt. Benson Forestry LP
Deadline Date: March 31, 2020
Please note only those applicants who are short-listed will be contacted
Back to Career Opportunities