Kitchen Catering Manager
Please note: the application deadline has passed for this position, and we are no longer accepting applications at this time.
Reporting to the Park Manager, the Kitchen/Catering Manager participates in all operational and kitchen maintenance activities of the Saysutshun Concession, the hosting of a number of events including weddings, retreats, family reunions, workshops, school groups and more.
- Design cost-effective healthy menu and menu items. Including daily specials, west coast First Nation inspired options and baked goods.
- Work with the Events Manager to develop the catering menu.
- Prepare food for events up to 200 people.
- Maintain Kitchen equipment.
- Establish all needed kitchen procedures and protocols.
- Supervise kitchen operations and staff ensuring quality standards & bill times are met.
- Order supplies, food and ingredients based on demand.
- Maintain inventory levels and conduct full monthly inventory.
- Will be expected to be hands-on in all aspects of the kitchen. Cooking, prepping, baking, etc.
- Store all food products in compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Maintain weekly and monthly cost reports.
- Develop, implement and maintain a HACCP plan.
- Support the Events manager with managerial tasks.
- Work as a member of a strong team
- 4+ years of culinary leadership experience.
- Food Safe certification.
- First Aid Level 1 certification an asset.
- Culinary: 4 years (Preferred)
- Enthusiastic about food.
- Strong work ethic and organization skills.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule.
Saysutshun (Newcastle Island) offers a competitive compensation package based on experience, plus catering bonuses and gratuities.
Please submit your current resume and cover letter to:
Saysutshun (Newcastle Island)
Deadline Date: March 31, 2020
Please note only those applicants who are short-listed will be contacted
Back to Career Opportunities